- 2013Founded as an organization to pool resources and ensure more comprehensive, coordinated service delivery to youth in Illinois.
- November 2015 – July 2016 CCN enrolled approximately 50 dually-involved youth in Cook and Lake counties as part of a ramp-up period. The purpose of the ramp-up period was to ensure project operations worked effectively, including referral mechanisms, intake, and service enrollment processes. In addition, the ramp-up allowed CCN to scale service capacity and conduct staff trainings.
- 2016501(c)3 (not for profit) status granted.
- Winter 2016CCN negotiated a Pay For Success contract with the Illinois Department of Children and Family Services. This contract was expected to expand into a larger-scale initiative for up to 800 dually-involved youth in almost twenty counties throughout Illinois.
- January – September 2017A cohort of 44 youth entered the program from Cook, Lake, and Jefferson counties.
- Early 2018For a variety of reasons, the Department of Children and Family Services decided to transition the contract to a Performance Based Contract, rather than a Pay for Success contract.
- April 2018Enrollment begun under the Performance Based Contract which enrolled approximately 10-15 youth per month over the next 15 months.
- July 2019A revised Performance Based Contract was established that allows for 18 and 19 year olds to be eligible and a longer expected length of time in the program.